Pastoral Care is the unconditional caring response to the lonely, shut-ins, the sick and dying to meet their spiritual needs, being respectful of their own religious beliefs and practice. This course will introduce you to the basic visiting skills for visiting in the health care facilities or parish.
Pastoral Care Course Start-up Information
7 Thursday Evenings
May 3 to June 14, 2018
St. Cecilia's Parish
321 - 90 Ave SE, Calgary
TENTATIVE Course Outline
- Session 1: Theological Reflections & Overview of Pastoral Care
- Session 2: Pastoral Care skills; Patient in Care Act, boundaries and Elder Abuse
- Session 3: Prayer & spirituality; Ministry to the Elderly & Elder Abuse
- Session 4: Eucharistic Ministries to the Sick; Elder Abuse; Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick
- Session 5: Death & Dying; Loss & Grief
- Session 6: Caring with Compassion
- Session 7: Confidentiality & Screening; Catholic Health Ethics Guide
Course cost is $50.00. Registration is on first-come basis. You must be able to attend the first session. All other sessions are also mandatory, however, they can be made up if you have to miss one. Your course binder and your receipt will be issued at the first class. Please bring something to write with to the sessions.
You can register in two ways:
1) Register & PAY online here. You will also need to complete the Pastoral Care Education Registration Form. You can download it from the second box on the right. It can be returned by one of the methods indicated on the form.
2) Via Mail. Use the Pastoral Care Registration Form and send it in with a a cheque for $50.00 payable to "RC Bishop of the Diocese of Calgary" to the address below.
Thank you for your interest in Pastoral Care Education. Please remember to submit your manual Registration Form to complete your registration.
For more information contact Alicia at 403-218-5501, or e-mail email@example.com
Interested in Furthering your Pastoral Care Education?
If you are interested in furthering your Pastoral Care Education but find it difficult to attend a college or university, CPSP.org offers online programs that could be just what you are looking for. The College of Pastoral Supervision & Psychotherapy (CPSP) has been in existence since 1995. CPSP is an international, theologically-based covenant community dedicated to "Recovery of Soul."
CPSP offers credentials such as:
- Diplomate in Pastoral Psychotherapy
- Diplomate in Pastoral Supervision
- Pastoral Counselor
- Associate Pastoral Counselor
- Board-Certified Clinical Chaplain
- Board-Certified Associate Clinical Chaplain
- Clinical Fellow in Hospice & Palliative Care
- Associate Hospice & Palliative Care
- Clinically-Trained Minister
For more information, visit www.CPSP.org
Please note: this program is not a substitute for the prerequisite Diocesan Pastoral Care Course that enables parishioners to partake in Pastoral Care within the Diocese of Calgary.