- Diocesan Liturgical Calendar
- Diocesan Events and Registrations
- Diocesan Weekly Bulletin Insert
- Clergy Pastoral Assignment
- #CatholicYYC Blog
- New Catholic Pastsoral Centre Personnel Announcements
- Media Release Re: Parish Bulletin Advertisement Request
- New Clergy Personnel Announcements
- Letter from Bishop McGrattan to the Faithful of the Diocese of Calgary regarding the Development and Peace
- Announcement regarding the ordination of Deacon Derek Remus to the priesthood - June 29, 2018.
- Read Pope Francis' newest Apostolic Exhortation Gaudete et Exsultate (Rejoice and be glad - Mat 5:12) on the call to holiness in today's world. Click here for English text.
CALGARY CATHOLIC MEDICAL ASSOCIATION COMMITTEE MEETING - JUNE 16
All health care professionals are welcome to attend. Place: Catholic Pastoral Centre, 120 – 17 Ave SW, Calgary. When: June 16, at 10 AM.
- For more information, contact: 403-218-5504 or e-mail email@example.com
Save the date for the Centennial celebration of St. Rita’s Parish: Saturday, June 16 at St. Rita's Parish, Rockyford, at 3 PM. Anniversary Mass will be celebrated by Bishop William McGrattan. Registration fee: $20 per individual; $60 per family. Register by May 15.
- For more information, contact Patsy Kathol at 403-533-2139 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theme: A Radical Spirituality for Our Times: With Jesus As A Model. Date: June 18 -24. Where: Mount St. Francis Retreat Centre, Cochrane.
- For more information, contact: 403-932-2012 | www.mountstfrancis.ca
MIKE MACDONALD SHARES ABOUT MISSION MEXICO - JUNE 16/17, JuNE 21, JUNE 23/24
Mike MacDonald (Mission Mexico representative) will be in Calgary soon and he will share with you about the mission works in La Montaña, on the good work that you are doing through the support you offer to Mission Mexico! He will be at St. Anthony’s Parish at all Masses on June 16 & 17 and at Corpus Christi Parish at all Masses on June 23 & 24. He will also be speaking at St. Bonaventure on Thursday, June 21 at 7 PM.
- For more information, contact Sr. Rita Kim at 403-218-5513
June is Senior’s Month! The Diocesan Office of Religious Education invites you to join in a special Pot-Luck Luncheon with Bishop Emeritus Henry at St. Joseph Parish (640 - 19 Ave NW, Calgary) on Wednesday, June 20, from 11:30 AM to 2 PM. Come enjoy the company of fellow seniors and be enriched with a special talk by Bishop Emeritus Henry. Desserts will be provided - just bring your potluck dish to share with all.
- For more information or to register, please contact Nibal or Norlene at 403-218-5501.
Join leaders and professors on a dialogue with the Interfaith Council of Calgary’s “Salvation”. Hear religious leaders discuss the topic of “salvation” from their perspective and the similarities and differences religions have on Thursday, June 21 , at 7 - 8:30 PM, Temple B'naI Tikvah (900 47 Ave SW, Calgary).
We invite all to join us as we recognize our Development & Peace members and honour those who have made special contributions through the years. The D&P Annual General Meeting will be held on June 23 at 10 AM, followed by member appreciation and lunch. Where: St. John's Convent (409 10A St. NW, Calgary). On-street parking available.
You are invited to celebrate the feast Day of St. Josemaria Escriva, founder of Opus Dei. The feast will take place on Tuesday, June 26 at 7:30 PM, at Our Lady of the Assumption Church (7624 39 Avenue NW, Calgary). The Mass will be celebrated by Bishop William McGrattan. Confessions start at 7 pm.
- For more information, please contact Fr. Fernando Mignone at 403-288-2588.
The 23rd Annual Catholic Family Life Conference will be held at Lac Ste. Anne, Alberta. When: June 29 to July 2. The conference theme is 'Living the Joy of Love' with key speakers Jason Evert, Matt Fradd, Monsignor Brian Bransfield and Bishop Scott McCaig.
- For more information, call 780-961-3346 | www.catholicfamilyministries.com
Bishop William McGrattan is pleased to announce that he has called Rev. Mr. Derek Remus to be ordained to the priesthood on Friday, June 29 at 7 PM, at St. Mary's Cathedral, Calgary. We give thanks to God for the gift of Deacon Derek's call to the priesthood, and we invite and encourage the faithful of the diocese to come and join in the celebration!
- First Masses schedule: Saturday, June 30 at 9 AM, at St. Bonaventure Parish (1600 Acadia Dr. SE, Calgary, and Sunday, July 1 at 9 AM, at St. Ambrose Parish (1513 23rd Ave, Coaldale)
This three-day retreat offers opportunities to reconnect with our Lord through the Word of God, talks by international preachers and Fr. Adrian Martens (Vicar and Chancellor of the Diocese of Calgary), prayers, spiritual counselling and testimonies. When: June 29 to July 1. Where: Mary Mother of the Redeemer Catholic Church (1714 14 Ave NE, Calgary). The day will begin with Holy Mass and end with Eucharistic Adoration.
- For more information or to register, contact John Joseph at 587-700-9658 or e-mail email@example.com | www.shalommedia.org
The Diocese of Prince George is hosting its Rose Prince Lejac Annual Pilgrimage on July 6 -8 at Lejac, BC. To learn more about the pilgrimage, google "ROSE PRINCE LEJAC PILGRIMAGE" and learn about Rose Prince.
- For more information, contact Fr. Vincent James at 250-699-6593 | www.pgdiocese.bc.ca
- Download Poster here
Theme: Praying with Change and Transition in Our Lives. This retreat will offer a time to deepen our understanding of how God continues to accompany us in these times of transition, just as our Lord was present to the disciples on the Road to Emmaus during the great change in their lives. Date: July 13 to 19 at the FCJ Retreat Centre (219 19th Ave SW, Calgary).
Couples for Christ invites you to a benefit concert: "LOVE MORE" on Saturday, July 14 at 7 PM, at St. Thomas More Catholic Church. The concert will feature Laurie Callao, Calgary's inspirational singer who will be performing original compositions of CFC songwriter's winner, Carlos Perez. Proceeds of this event will go to the Housing for the Retired Priests of the Diocese of Calgary and Ancop (Answering the Cry of the Poor), a registered non-profit Canadian Charitable organization. Ticket is $20.
- For more information or to get tickets, contact Jacque Beltran at 403-796-5130.
- Download Poster Here
Theme: Grace. Retreat will be facilitated by Mount St. Francis Retreat Team. An individual director will accompany you on your spiritual journey. Date: July 22 to 29 at Mount St. Francis Retreat Centre.
- For more information, contact: 403-932-2012 | www.mountstfrancis.ca
Theme: Savouring Life in Every Season. This retreat will provide opportunities for you to awaken on a deeper level and motivate you to move forward with respect to yet unfulfilled hopes and dreams. It will also provide opportunities to tame inner fears and resistance to the frontiers in this season of our lives and to cultivate appreciation for the gifts and growth opportunities contained in it. Date: Aug 10-16 at the FCJ Retreat Centre (219 19th Ave SW, Calgary).
Theme: "Courage, my daughter, your faith has saved you. (Mt 9:22). Be renewed and inspired by the paradox of simplicity and the gift of faith. Date: Saturday, August 11, 2018 from 10:30 AM to 4 PM at the Divine Mercy Centre (15206 Township Road 262, Calgary, AB, T3P-1A7).
- For more information or to register, call Sr. Katrina at 587-755-1019 | www.sistersofdivinemercy.org
The next Prison Ministry Education Workshop will be held on August 14, 16 and 21, 2018, 7 to 9 PM at the Catholic Pastoral Centre (120 – 17 Ave SW, Calgary). The workshop is open to current volunteers or anyone interested in prison ministry.
- For more information or to register, contact Marilou LeGeyt at 403-218-5519 or e-mail
- Download poster here
Single, Catholic women, ages 18 to 35, are invited to a weekend of reflection to ponder these questions: Who is God calling me to be? What is God calling me to do that takes me beyond what I am doing now? When: Friday, August 17 (starts at 5 PM) to Sunday, August 19 (ends at 2 PM). This is a retreat with overnight accommodation in local convents. Please bring a bible and journal or notebook. Registration fee: $25/ further donations gratefully accepted. This event is sponsored by the Assembly of Women Religious.
- For more information or to register, contact Sr. Terry Smith, FCJ at 403-228-3623, ext. 258 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download poster here
You are invited to the annual Catholic Cemetery Memorial Mass with Bishop McGrattan. DOWNLOAD POSTER HERE.
- August 22 at 7:30 PM - Queen's Park Cemetery - POSTER
- August 23 at 7:30 PM - Mountain View Cemetery - POSTER
“For Better & For Ever…” Marriage Preparation accepts all couples preparing for marriage, including couples in one or more of the following circumstances: living together, previously married, beginning marriage with children, couples 45+, or those who wish to have their marriage blessed in the Church. Upcoming Dates: Aug 27 (followed by Sept 14-15); Sep 24 (followed by Oct 12-13); Oct 15 (followed by Nov 2-3); Nov 19 (followed by Dec 7-8) .
- For more dates, registration or information: 403-218-5505 | email@example.com
- Register Online Here
AN EVENING WITH THE BENEDICTINES - AUGUST 27
Save the date: Come and hear a presentation on Benedictine Spirituality: Liturgy, Lectio and Labour by Father Pius, a monk from Mount Angel Abbey in Oregon. When: Monday, August 27, from 7 PM to 9 PM at St. Michael Catholic Church (800 85 Street SW, Calgary). Admission is free but there will be a free-will offering to cover travel expenses.
Each year, sponsorship teams contribute the cost of dinner and 100 volunteers to make each dinner happen in what seems effortlessly and seamlessly. However, not all Sundays are sponsored and therefore, your participation in this tournament collectively sponsors those dinners to keep the program viable all year. Feed the Hungry’s Garden Program is in its second year and is an honoured recipient of Birdies for Kids presented by AltaLink (BFK). All proceeds from the day of activities (on-course activities, heads and tails, and general donations) will be matched up to 50% giving your donation an even bigger impact! BFK is a non-profit program run under the Calgary Shaw Charity Classic Foundation. The 28th Bishop's Golf Tournament will be on Monday, August 27, 2018 at the Silvertip Resort, Canmore.
- For more information or to register: 403-218-5522 | firstname.lastname@example.org | http://golf.feedthehungry.ca
Retrouvaille provides a ‘road map’ to help married couple find their way again by teaching communication skills and providing the tools to improve our relationships. Next weekend retreat is on September 7 - 9.
- For more information, contact: 403-879-7893 | coordinator@RetrouvailleCalgary.com | www.helpourmarriagecalgary.com
Secular Franciscans Information Session
Secular Franciscans are a community of practicing Catholic adults who strive to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ more profoundly in their daily lives, as St. Francis of Assisi did. You are invited to join their information session on Sunday, September 16 at Noon, at Canadian Martyrs Parish (835 Northmount Drive NW, Calgary).
- For more information, contact: Lynn Spicer at 403-719-5852 | www.ofscalgary.com
One Rock 2.0 is the new and reimagined One Rock Festival of Faith which seeks to inspire, challenge, and equip Catholic young adults to be protagonists in the New Evangelization. At this time, we encourage young adults between the ages of 18-35 (married or single) to pre-register on our website. Save the date: Saturday, September 29 at St. Michael’s, Calgary. We are excited to announce that Patrick Coffin, Lizzie Reezay, and Brian Holdsworth will be joining us this September! We're inviting Catholic young adults in the Diocese of Calgary ages 18-35 to register now and take advantage of this amazing opportunity to hear from our keynote speakers about living out the Catholic faith in today's culture.
- Pre-register now and learn more about our speakers at www.onerock.ca
RED MASS - OCT 10
Inviting those in Legal Profession. Save the date: October 10 at 5:30 PM, at St. Mary's Cathedral.
The ministry offers a journey of healing and reconciliation for women and men who are suffering distress from a past abortion experience. Clients will be referred to a professional counselor who specializes in dealing with the trauma associated with this experience.
- For more information: 403-218-5506 or toll free at 1-877-597-3223 | email@example.com.
- Go to Project Rachel's Website
Our Lady of the Rockies Parish in Canmore is now designated as a Diocesan Marian Shrine. This will take effect on the day of the consecration of the new church building in the spring 2019.
- See video of the announcement by Bishop McGrattan
- Visit the parish/shrine website at http://www.rockiesparish.com
St. Patrick’s Parish is forming a new ministry whose mission is: “To create a loving, supportive and compassionate church community that renews and restores faith and hope to families and children living with special needs.” St. Patrick’s Special Needs Mass will be a place of understanding, acceptance and welcome for those who live with special needs as well as those who care for them. All are invited to come and to be a part of this special liturgy.
- St.Patricks will be having the Special Needs Mass on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the Month.
- For more information, please contact Brenda-Lee Kearney at 403-835-2749, or check http://stpatrickcalgary.com under Calendar.
Parishes are invited to hold a parish celebration on one or more Saturdays within the anniversary year (July 1 2017 to July 1 2018).
- Prayer templates, prayer card and catechetical materials are available on the Office of Liturgy website.
- For more information, please click here or Contact the Office of Liturgy at 403-218-5511 or 403-218-5524 - or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org