Alberta-NWT Bishops issue guidelines for the pastoral care of those considering euthanasia or assisted suicide
Click here to view the new pastoral guidelines.
Provide Feedback on Physician Assisted Death (PAD). Make your views known, we are counting on you.
Let your MP know what you think about Physician Assisted Death
It is important each of us take the time to write to our Member of Parliament (MP). Let them know how you feel about the Supreme Court's ruling and what your position is regarding Physician Assisted Suicide. This is not the time to be silent. Don't let others speak and decide for you. We must act and let our MP know what their actual constituents want. Each letter makes a difference. You can make a difference!
A personal letter sent to a Member of Parliament can be an effective tool for change. Whether you are writing individually or with a letter-writing campaign, the following guidelines will heip you know how to write an effective advocacy ietter to an MP.
- An original letter can be more effective than a form letter, so try to use your own words.
- Personalize and include your own relevant experiences.
- Two to three Specific points about your issue to explain your position. Concise is most effective (one to two pages is best). If you have more information, include a brief on the topic.
- State purpose/objective at the beginning and briefly introduce concerns.
- Describe your interest in the issue and any relevant credentials. Include questions that provoke response.
- Ask for more information or clarification on your MP's position.
- Request a commitment to a specific action, and give a rationale for your request.
- Thank the MP for any positive action they have taken in the past on this issue.
- Request that the MP respond to your letter.
- Your name and contact information so he/she can respond.
Mail may be sent postage-free to any Member at the following address: House of Commons. Parliament Buildings Ottawa, Ontario. Canada. KIA OA6.
You can e-mail to Attorney General of Canada – the Honourable Jody Wilson-Raybould at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also e-mail your Member of Parliament (MP)