Current Programs offered by the Diocesan Health Care Apostolate Department include:
1. Diocesan Basic Pastoral Care Training Program. This program is offered both Spring & Fall in Calgary and upon request for the rural areas and other cities within the diocese.
2. Diocesan Palliative Care Training Program. This program is offered both Spring & Fall in Calgary and upon request for the rural areas and other cities within the diocese.
3. Bereavement Education Program. This program is offered in the Winter in Calgary and upon request in the rural areas and other cities within the diocese.
4. Alzheimer Workshop. This program is offered in collaboration with the Calgary Alzheimer’s Society, typically once or twice a year depending on the demand.
5. Mental Health Workshop. This program is offered in collaboration with the Canadian Mental Health Association, typically once a year, this year in the Spring.
6. Annual Pastoral Care Coordinators Workshop. This workshop is held typically once a year in order to update and continue to train our Parish and Facility Pastoral Care Coordinators and Volunteers.
7. Annual Pastoral Care In-Service / Retreat Day. This in-service is generally held once a year for the staff (about 20) including hired and volunteer Coordinators. This day allows us to keep everyone in a coordinating role up to date on diocesan directives, policies and procedures concerning the ministry of Pastoral Care.
8. Courage & Encourage Apostolate. This program is a support ministry providing pastoral care to people seeking support in dealing with same–sex attraction or homosexuality issues.
9. Parish Eucharistic & or Pastoral Care Education Workshops. These workshops are designed to provide on-going and continued educational opportunities for Parish Pastoral Care Teams.
10. Pastoral Care Twilight Retreats. These retreats are offered to all Pastoral Care volunteers as a time of faith enrichment and ministry encouragement opportunity. Usually, these retreats are offered once or twice a year.
11. Compassion and Fatigue and / or Burnout for the Pastoral Care Giver. These Workshops are offered upon request.
12. End of Life Decision Making & Personal Health Directives. These Workshops are available upon request.