In 2018, the 26th World Day of the Sick will be celebrated as it is every year on 11 February, the memorial of Our Lady of Lourdes. The Holy See has released the Holy Father's Message which is entitled Mater Ecclesiae: "Behold, your son... Behold, your mother. And from that hour the disciple took her into his home." (John 19:26-27).
In his Message, Pope Francis recalls that "Health care ministry will always be a necessary and fundamental task, to be carried out with renewed enthusiasm by all, from parish communities to the most largest healthcare institutions. We cannot forget the tender love and perseverance of many families in caring for their chronically sick or severely disabled children, parents and relatives. The care given within families is an extraordinary witness of love for the human person; it needs to be fittingly acknowledged and supported by suitable policies. Doctors and nurses, priests, consecrated men and women, volunteers, families and all those who care for the sick, take part in this ecclesial mission."
- Read the Message from the Holy Father for the 26th World Day of the Sick 2018 - February 11
- Download Prayer Card printable for the World Day of the Sick 2018
- Download Poster for the World Day of the Sick 2018
- Prayer of the Faithful Suggestions for the World Day of the Sick
- Statement from Dr. Moira McQueen, Executive Director of the Canadian Catholic Bioethics Institute (CCBI)
- Letter from Bishop McGrattan re: Covenant Care adn Covenant Living's Service