Strengthens and coordinates pro-life educational initiatives in the Diocese of Calgary.
The Diocesan Life Education Committee coordinates and supports initiatives that educate on the sanctity of human life from conception until natural death.
The Diocesan Life Education Committee consists of representatives of various agencies and organizations involved in public education on the life issues. The Chairperson of the Diocesan Life Education Committee is the Director of the Life and Family Resource Centre. It is the responsibility of the Chairperson to approve membership on the Diocesan Life Education Committee.
- Maintain working relationships with local pro-life groups and agencies
- Taking action to raise awareness of the issues that compromise respect for life and marriage in the Diocese of Calgary
- Provide educational opportunities and time for sharing program information among committee members
- Support local programs that counsel and assist women with problems related to pregnancy
- Support Project Rachel as the Diocesan post abortion ministry
- Encourage and support local programs that provide care for the dying
- Promote prayer and formation for the protection of human life from conception until natural death
The Diocesan Life Education Committee will meet no less than three and no more that six times a year for the purpose of facilitating the committee objectives. Members are expected to attend regularly scheduled meetings. A member who misses two consecutive meetings without excuse will be contacted to inquire about their ongoing participation.
For more information please contact us.