- Diocesan Liturgical Calendar
- Diocesan Events and Registrations
- Diocesan Weekly Bulletin Insert
- Clergy Pastoral Assignment
- BLOG | CatholicYYC Diocesan Blog
- Death Announcement & Funeral Liturgies for Deacon Albert Henri
- Abuse in the Church - A Pastoral Response to concerns raised by the recent report of clerical sex abuse in Pennsylvania
- Scams Alert!
- Death Announcement - Father Rupert MacLellan
- Catholic Pastoral Centre New Organizational Structure - Effective August 1
- Media Release Re: Parish Bulletin Advertisement Request
- New Clergy Personnel Announcements
- Letter from Bishop McGrattan to the Faithful of the Diocese of Calgary regarding the Development and Peace
Retrouvaille provides a ‘road map’ to help married couples find their way again by teaching communication skills and providing the tools to improve our relationships. Next weekend retreat is on September 7 - 9.
- For more information, contact: 403-879-7893 | coordinator@RetrouvailleCalgary.com | www.helpourmarriagecalgary.com
Secular Franciscans are a community of practicing Catholic adults who strive to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ more profoundly in their daily lives, as St. Francis of Assisi did. You are invited to join their information session on Sunday, September 16 at Noon, at Canadian Martyrs Parish (835 Northmount Drive NW, Calgary).
- For more information, contact: Lynn Spicer at 403-719-5852 | www.ofscalgary.com
PRISON MINISTRY WORKSHOP - LETHBRIDGE - SEP 21/22
Have you ever thought about serving in prison ministry? While the call to serve those in prison can be exciting, it could also be daunting and accompanied by various concerns. This call deserves a serious consideration and if you would like to explore whether this ministry is for you, register to attend the Prison Ministry Education Workshop from Sept. 21-22.
- For more information, contact Marilou at 403-218-5519.
Come with your friends and families on Saturday Sept. 22 at 9 am to help dig potatoes for Feed the Hungry. Enjoy great company and good food as we celebrate our second harvest. Please RSVP so that we can arrange enough refreshments for all. Closed-toed shoes and water bottles are required. A hat, gloves and folding chair are recommended. The garden is located at 235021 Range Road 284 E, just southwest of Chestermere.
- RSVP to Linnea at 587-888-9268 or e-mail email@example.com
The Indonesian Catholic Community of Calgary (UKI Calgary) invites you to their Indonesian Food Bazaar on Saturday, Sept. 22 at St. Joseph Church (640 19 Ave NW, Calgary) from 11 am to 2 pm. Come and try genuine and delicious Indonesian food, desserts and beverages!
- For more information about UKI Food Bazaar, contact 403-402-3810 | www.ukicalgary.ca
- LIFE & FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE. Sep. 24 (followed by Oct. 12-13) at the Catholic Pastoral Centre, Calgary.
Contact 403-218-5505 | events.calgarydiocese.ca
- CATHOLIC FAMILY SERVICES. Oct. 19-21 at St. Joseph, Calgary; or Nov. 23-25 at St. Cecilia, Calgary.
Contact 403-233-2360 | www.cfs-ab.org
Be inspired to make a difference. Learn how to maximize your legacy for family and charity in your will. Two dates: Wednesday, Sept. 26 (5:45 – 7:30 pm); Wednesday, Nov. 7 (2 – 3:30 pm) at the Pastoral Centre (120 17 Ave SW, Calgary).
- To register, contact Doreen at 403-218-5522 | firstname.lastname@example.org
PRAY TOGETHER FOR OUR LADY’S INTENTION - SEP 24
The Marian Movement of Priests Cenacle Prayer invites you to pray together for Our Lady’s intention, which is the salvation of all humanity. Monday, Sept. 24, 6:30 - 9 pm at Corpus Christi Church (404 Northmount Place NW, Calgary).
One Rock 2.0 is the new and reimagined One Rock Festival of Faith which seeks to inspire, challenge, and equip Catholic young adults to be protagonists in the New Evangelization. At this time, we encourage young adults between the ages of 18-35 (married or single) to pre-register on our website. Save the date: Saturday, September 29 at St. Michael’s, Calgary. We are excited to announce that Patrick Coffin, Lizzie Reezay, and Brian Holdsworth will be joining us this September! We're inviting Catholic young adults in the Diocese of Calgary ages 18-35 to register now and take advantage of this amazing opportunity to hear from our keynote speakers about living out the Catholic faith in today's culture. Pre-register now and learn more about our speakers at www.onerock.ca
We’re also excited to announce those who are not part of the young adult delegates can now purchase tickets for the Saturday evening program (Sept. 29 at 7:30 pm) of One Rock. Come and enjoy inspiring conversations with Patrick Coffin and Lizzie Reezay, with music by Access52 and our closing Liturgy. Get tickets at: www.onerock.ca
Every minute, 31 people are forced to leave their home. Armed conflict, climate change, development of mega projects, persecutions... the causes of forced displacement are multiple, interwoven and complex. Come to learn more at the Development and Peace Fall Education workshop. Save the date: Saturday, Sept. 29.
- For more information, contact Marilou at 403-218-5519 | email@example.com
Bishop Emeritus Fred Henry will be the keynote speaker at the Fellowship of Catholic Scholars, taking place on Friday, Sept. 28 & 29 at Wingate Wyndham Hotel in Calgary. Lively, engaging scholarly debate on important issues in Canada and in the Catholic Church will follow.
- For more information, contact 403-220-2973 or register at www.fcsconference.ca
The Ride for Refuge is a family-friendly cycling and walking fundraiser that supports charities that provide refuge and hope for displaced, vulnerable and exploited people. Join Elizabeth House on Saturday, Sep. 29 for the 2018 Ride for Refuge. Ride or donate, and help transform lives, two generations at a time!
- For more information, call Michelle at 403-228-9724 | Register at www.rideforrefuge.org
NATIONAL LIFE CHAIN SUNDAY
Life Chain Calgary invites you to a peaceful and prayerful public witness of pro-life, standing in honor of lives lost to abortions on National Life Chain Sunday: Sunday, Sept 30, 2:30 - 4 pm, along MacLeod Trail between Heritage Dr. and Southland Dr.
- For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a 15-week peer support program for those recently separated or divorced. The next program will begin on Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018 (7 to 9 pm).
- Call 403-218-5505 | email@example.com
RED MASS - OCT 10
Inviting those in Legal Profession. Save the date: October 10 at 5:30 PM, at St. Mary's Cathedral.
Learn how to support grieving family, friends or colleagues as they navigate their personal grief journey. Bereavement Education Program is an intensive, multi-session program, providing skills to effectively offer your presence and support in caring ways to those going through a period of bereavement. When: Oct. 12 & 13 followed by Oct. 19 & 20 at St. Michael’s Catholic Community (800 85 St. SW, Calgary).
- To register, contact 403-218-5501 or online at http://events.calgarydiocese.ca
On Friday, Oct. 19, join Bishop William T. McGrattan at the Bishop's Dinner. This year, we will celebrate Catholic Education and five incredible programs that support some of our most vulnerable students. The gala event will be held at the Telus Convention Centre. Tickets are $185/person and a table of 8 is $1480.
- For more information, call 403-218-5500 | www.bishopsdinner.ca
TOUR OF HUTTERITE COLONY WITH FR. ADRIAN - OCT 22
On Monday, Oct. 22, 9 am – 3 pm join Fr. Adrian Martens, E.V., Coordinator for Ecumenism, on the local Hutterite colony for an introduction to the Christian denomination of the Hutterian Brethren. Learn about the Hutterite way of Christian life, “which comes from Christ and leads back to Christ, belongs by right to the one Church of Christ,” (UR 3). Meet at Catholic Pastoral Centre: 120 17 Ave. SW, Calgary. Cost: $50 (includes lunch at the colony and transportation to and from the event).
- RSVP to Nibal Awad (403-218-5501) by Oct. 8 as space is limited. Event may be cancelled if numbers are not met. Only those 18 years and over can attend due to insurance. Participants will be asked to sign a waiver the morning of the event.
Those responsible for ministry formation (Priests, Deacons, EMHC, Lector, Musician, Altar Server and Hospitality) are invited to the 2018 Western Conference for Liturgy in Archdiocese of St. Boniface, Winnipeg, MB on October 26 & 27. Learn elements of theology and spirituality to pass on to those you are training, and to root the practicalities of these ministries in theology and spirituality. Keynote Speaker: Bernadette Gasslein.
- For more information, call 780-476-2457 | WCLCanada.wordpress.com
The Western Conference of Catholic Religious Educators (WCCRE) invites you to a conference for you and all who accompany families as catechists, teachers, clergy, mentors and community. Keynote speakers Leif Kehrwald and John Roberto will explore themes focused on growing in our understanding of the current family trends, and seeing families at the centre of faith formation. When: Nov. 15-18 in Kamloop, BC.
- For more information, contact: 204-5940-273 | www.wccre.org
The ministry offers a journey of healing and reconciliation for women and men who are suffering distress from a past abortion experience. Clients will be referred to a professional counselor who specializes in dealing with the trauma associated with this experience.
- For more information: 403-218-5506 or toll free at 1-877-597-3223 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to Project Rachel's Website
Our Lady of the Rockies Parish in Canmore is now designated as a Diocesan Marian Shrine. This will take effect on the day of the consecration of the new church building in the spring 2019.
- See video of the announcement by Bishop McGrattan
- Visit the parish/shrine website at http://www.rockiesparish.com
St. Patrick’s Parish is forming a new ministry whose mission is: “To create a loving, supportive and compassionate church community that renews and restores faith and hope to families and children living with special needs.” St. Patrick’s Special Needs Mass will be a place of understanding, acceptance and welcome for those who live with special needs as well as those who care for them. All are invited to come and to be a part of this special liturgy.
- St.Patricks will be having the Special Needs Mass on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the Month.
- For more information, please contact Brenda-Lee Kearney at 403-835-2749, or check http://stpatrickcalgary.com under Calendar.