The Life and Family Resource Centre offers “For Better and For Ever” marriage preparation programs. These small group sessions are available for all couples including those in one or more of the following special circumstances, such as couples who are marrying after extended cohabitation, beginning marriage with children, have been previously married, are age 45+, or preparing for convalidation (blessings of their marriage).
Contact your local parish to make an appointment with your pastor or his associate regarding all other preparations.
- Registration fee: 200.00 (includes all materials, refreshments at all sessions and lunch on Saturday). The registration fee is due prior to attending the program.
- Register and pay online or
- Register by phone. Please call 403-218-5505. We accept cash, cheque, Visa and MasterCard.
- Payment via cheque can be made to:
Life and Family Resource Centre
120-17th Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2S-2T2
- Cancellation Policy: An administration fee of $50 will be charged for cancellations prior to the orientation night. No refunds will be issued for no shows or cancellations after the orientation night.
- Upcoming Sessions
- Couples are required to attend one orientation evening at least two weeks prior to the weekend session.
- The Orientation Evening is held on Mondays from 7 to 9 PM. The Weekend Sessions are held on Friday evening (7 to 9 PM) and Saturday (9 AM to 4 PM).
- View the list of Upcoming Courses
For more information, please contact:
Life and Family Resource Centre
403-218-5505 or e-mail email@example.com
"A wedding is a day… a marriage is a lifetime." Catholic Engaged Encounter (CEE) is a marriage preparation weekend in Calgary for engaged couples.
Catholic Engaged Encounter is recognized as a marriage preparation program designed to meet the needs of engaged couples preparing for a marriage in the Church.
Contact Dan & Allison Beaton at 403-240-0103 or see the website at www.ceewest.com
- Engaged Encounter introduces couples to an individual writing and sharing communication technique that they can use effectively to foster a deeper understanding of each other.
- The Encounter presents marriage as a sacrament, a vocation, and that God and prayer are essential to a fruitful marriage.
- Each couple is challenged to use "decision-making processes" to examine the motives for seeking marriage.
- The presenting team, consists of two married husband/wife team couples and a priest; they present a series of carefully prepared presentations over the entire weekend.
- The teams are serious about marriage, and believe that marriage is a sacrament and should not be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but deliberately, and seriously.
- Engaged Encounter does not boast a 0% failure rate.
- CEE is an intensive weekend of preparation, in which each couple is offered the time and opportunity to question, examine, and deepen their relationship, share in community and be open to God's plan.
- Topics covered during the weekend include; self-awareness, values and ideals, community, sexuality, communication, decision making, Natural Family Planning, vocations, sacraments, prayer and unity.
To see the upcoming sessions or for registration information visit the Calgary community page on the Catholic Engaged Encounter website.
Feel free to contact the Life and Family Resource Centre with any questions you may have.
The Catholic Family Services Marriage Preparation Program introduces couples to information that can improve their relationship by enhancing communication, identifying shared and non-shared values, and helping with financial management.
To learn more about this program or to register visit the Marriage Preparation Program page on the Catholic Family Services website.
The Calgary Diocesan Marriage Ministry Team is committed to collaborate on the shared vision of Christian marriage, exchange experiences and share resources.
Presently this ministry enjoys representatives of
- Calgary Diocesan Marriage Enrichment Presenters
- Parish Marriage Preparation Training Teams
- Parish Lead Sponsor Couples
- Catholic Engaged Encounter
- Marriage Encounter
- Catholic Family Services Marriage Preparation
Feel free to contact the Life & Family Resource Centre at 403-218-5504
- if you are involved in the ministry of marriage preparation or marriage enrichment and want to join the diocesan team
- have questions about how you can get the ministry started in your parish
- have questions on any aspects of the ministry of marriage preparaton
- if you would like to attend a marriage enrichment workshop
This parish-based program partners engaged couples with a married sponsor couple. As they journey together they prepare for lifelong commitement of marriage. The program is offered in several parishes within the Diocese.
- Are you an engaged couple? For information in participating in this program, please contact your parish or the Life and Family Resource Centre.
- Are you a married couple? Get involved at the parish level in assisting couples prepare for the sacrament of marriage. Contact the Life and Family Resource Centre.