The Diocesan Forum in Initiation (the Forum) works through the Office of Liturgy and with the Religious Education Secretariat to carry out the Bishop’s mission of Christian Initiation in the Diocese. The Forum supports parish initiation teams by providing formation in initiation ministry, researching best practices, and building relationships with parishes. Members of the Forum are people of prayer with experience in catechesis and ministry. They have discerned a calling to this ministry and enjoy working as part of a team.
The Forum invites new members as needed. If you are interested in joining the Forum or for more information, please contact the Director of Liturgy at 403-218-5524 or email@example.com.
- Prepare and host the Rite of Election annually along with the Office of Liturgy, Diocesan Liturgical Commission, and Sacred Music Committee
- Conduct research on current issues and practice in initiation ministry
- Prepare annual formation in the diocese for initiation ministers
- Prepare resources for parish initiation teams
- Build relationships with parish initiation teams
- Attend monthly Forum meeting (usually Thursday, 5:45 – 7:45pm)
- Participate in ongoing formation through reading and discussion
- Complete assigned action-items between meetings
- Cultivate relationship with assigned parish initiation teams
- Attend and assist Forum events (e.g. Rite of Election, workshops etc.)
- Two-year commitment.
- Leadership experience in initiation ministry or other related experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing ministry formation (e.g. attendance at diocesan workshops, TEAM program, Catechetical Certificate Program, NAF Institutes, or other)
- Provide a reference from someone at the parish who can testify to your leadership and pastoral experience.
- Provide the name of your current pastor for reference.