Project Rachel is an ecumenical ministry of healing and reconciliation for people of all ages who are suffering distress from a past abortion experience.
The ministry was launched throughout southern Alberta in November 1998
Project Rachel is a sensitive, private and confidential program. We offer support to anyone, regardless of gender, age, or faith. Not only women who have had the abortion, but also men and family members who experience post-abortion grief are welcome to contact us. Our counsellors recognize abortion as a traumatic experience, and address its psychological and physical symptoms. In addition, they offer the unique opportunity to integrate spirituality into the healing process.
- Teams of trained therapists or clergy are available to see clients on an individual basis. Our counselors are readily available; there are no long waiting times.
- This is a confidential and ecumenical ministry.
For more information, click here
Project Weekend Retreats are available. This is an opportunity to journey with others who are also seeking healing from a past abortion experience - under the guidance of two professional counselors. For more information or to register, contact the Project Rachel office at 403-218-5506 or (Toll Free) 1-877-597-3223 or email at email@example.com
A Song For Rachel
'A Song For Rachel' is held annually as a fun-filled, family fundraising concert that has been established in 1999. A silent auction was added in 2003.
The next Song for Rachel concert will be held on April 27, 2018 at St. Michael's Parish, 800 - 85 St. SW, Calgary. The silent auction will open at 6:00 pm and the concert begins at 7:00 pm. The price is $15.00/person and $35.00/family.
Call now to reserve: 403-218-5505.
- Gabriele Kalincak, Director
- Confidential Phone Line: (403) 218-5506 or (Toll Free) 1-877-597-3223
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ProjectRachel
Strengthens and coordinates pro-life educational initiatives in the Diocese of Calgary.
The Diocesan Life Education Committee coordinates and supports initiatives that educate on the sanctity of human life from conception until natural death.
The Diocesan Life Education Committee consists of representatives of various agencies and organizations involved in public education on the life issues. The Chairperson of the Diocesan Life Education Committee is the Director of the Life and Family Resource Centre. It is the responsibility of the Chairperson to approve membership on the Diocesan Life Education Committee.
- Maintain working relationships with local pro-life groups and agencies
- Taking action to raise awareness of the issues that compromise respect for life and marriage in the Diocese of Calgary
- Provide educational opportunities and time for sharing program information among committee members
- Support local programs that counsel and assist women with problems related to pregnancy
- Support Project Rachel as the Diocesan post abortion ministry
- Encourage and support local programs that provide care for the dying
- Promote prayer and formation for the protection of human life from conception until natural death
The Diocesan Life Education Committee will meet no less than three and no more that six times a year for the purpose of facilitating the committee objectives. Members are expected to attend regularly scheduled meetings. A member who misses two consecutive meetings without excuse will be contacted to inquire about their ongoing participation.
For more information please contact us.