Bishop McGrattan consecrated the Diocese of Calgary to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on Saturday, July 1, 2017, with a celebration of Eucharist, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and Rosary prayers.
The Diocese of Calgary thanks all the liturgical ministers involved and the staff at St. Mary's Cathedral for their assistance. A special thank you for God Squad Canada for preparing the delicious barbeque for everyone!
Created with flickr slideshow.
If the slideshow does not play in your browser, please view directly in the Flickr Photo Album here.
Photography: Victor Panlilio
The CCCB, along with other faith leaders in Canada, has launched a national appeal to help address the famines and extreme food shortages in these four countries.
The threefold response is:
- Pray - for people, for government leaders and humanitarian workers in the region.
- See Prayers of the Faithful
- Give - all parishes has been asked to take up a second collection. See Bishop McGrattan's letter. Give online here.
- Speak Out - speak about the crisis with your friend, family and neighbours; write to your local MP.
- The attached fact sheet provides some details of what our faith leaders have called "one of the world's largest humanitarian crisis since the Second World War".
- See also the following links for more information:
The Church has been celebrating World Day of Migrants and Refugees each year since 1914. World Refugee Day has been marked by the UN on June 20 since 2000.
This year, join us on June 29, the Feast of Saints Peter and Paul, for a special mass to celebrate World Day of Migrants. This is an opportunity for the faith community to reflect upon the role migration has played in our history and tradition, pray for migrants and refugees around the world, and raise awareness about the causes, challenges, and opportunities involved with migration.
Join Bishop William McGrattan on June 29, 7:00 p.m. at St. Mary’s Cathedral to celebrate World Day of Migrants and live the words of Pope Benedict: “The Church is God’s family on earth” [Deus Caritas Est].
Extracts from the Audited Financial Statements of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Calgary, Finance Office at (403) 218-5536. Year Ending: December 31, 2016.
The complete Audited Diocesan Pastoral Centre Financial Statements can be viewed, on request, at the Diocesan Pastoral Centre.
Download Report here
As part of the celebrations marking the 150th anniversary of Confederation the Bishops of Canada will be consecrating our country to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Diocesan Prayer Service on July 1, 2017
- Parishes are also invited to hold a parish celebration on one or more Saturdays within the anniversary year (July 1 2017 – July 1 2018).
- Download Prayer Service Templates
- Download Rosary Intentions Booklet
- Catechetical Materials.
Bishop McGrattan consecrated the Diocese of Calgary on 1 July, 2017 (St. Mary’s Cathedral at 10am for a service of Adoration, Scripture, rosary, and the consecration followed by a BBQ).
All parishes in the diocese are invited to pray the consecration prayer at the Vigil Mass on Saturday July 1st. Click here to download the prayer.
The CCCB has provided catechetical materials. Check out resources here.